POSITION: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
SALARY LEVEL: $55,000- $63,000 Dependent upon levels of Education & Experience
BENEFITS: Kaiser Health Ins., Health Net Dental, Vacation/Sick/PTO Accrual
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DESIGNATION: Full Time – Exempt
HOURS: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. – Monday through Friday
Hours may vary according to agency needs. Requires some evenings and weekends
POSITION SUMMARY: Participates as a member of the senior management team in the development and implementation of organization-wide policies and programs that will contribute to the agency’s success. Acts as a spokesperson for the organization within the community. Assists with in-kind and monetary donations, securing grants, volunteer engagement, special events, marketing for the agency, and providing education to the community.
ABOUT SU CASA ~ ENDING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE:
Su Casa ~ Ending Domestic Violence is a nonprofit community organization located in Long Beach dedicated to empowering individuals and families to live free from domestic abuse and building partnerships with communities to end domestic violence. This is accomplished through the 24-hour hotline, Emergency Shelter, Transitional Shelter, Walk-In Center, and Community Education and Awareness Program. With a committed staff, board and volunteers, Su Casa helps victims and their children find safety and healing services through counseling, support groups, case management, advocacy, and life skills classes.
- Strategize and execute methods of approach to individual and corporate donors, gaining access to networks that may yield major gifts.
- Identify and cultivate major corporate donors and individual donors who pledge ongoing support to Su Casa.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, oversee major aspects of the following programs; outreach, volunteer engagement, fund development, and donor relations.
- Develop, schedule, and conduct community educational and domestic violence prevention presentations.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, manage all aspects of fundraising and special events including development, implementation, execution, and follow up.
- Coordinate mass mailings for events, fundraising, and newsletters.
- Identify and connect with targeted groups (including schools, churches, police/sheriffs departments, hospitals, and organizations) to seek opportunities for providing presentations, outreach to potential clients, and potential financial/in-kind/volunteer support.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, coordinate in-kind donations and drives.
- Coordinate acknowledgements of in-kind and monetary gifts and donations.
- Coordinate agency’s collateral materials including design, purchasing, and distribution (brochures, newsletters, letterhead/envelopes, business cards).
- Responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program and engagement including recruitment, assessment, orientation, training and/or overseeing training and policy and procedure compliance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required and a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years fundraising/grant writing experience required and minimum of 3 years of experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Working knowledge of the complexities of domestic violence for individuals, families, and the community.
- Management and supervisory experience required.
- Possess advanced writing skills and ability to write in depth analytical and narrative reports, progress reports, proposals, and final reports.
- Computer skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, WordPress, donor-based software, and graphic design are strongly desired.
- Ability to work as a team player possessing good interpersonal skills, strong leadership qualities, and solid judgment.
- Fundamental understanding of fundraising and planning special events.
- Strong knowledge of community business and organizations and willingness to be actively involved in the public, private and governmental sector to insure successful operation and continuation of Su Casa.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong management and supervisory skills, decision-making, leadership ability, relationship building and consensus-building.
- Ability to demonstrate success in executing fundraisers, donation drives, and grant proposals.
- Grant writing certification preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate a fundraising track record including major gift(s) of $15,000 or more.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, a car, and required insurance.
- Certification in the 40-hour domestic violence training as required by the State of California and clear State and FBI criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send Resume AND Cover Letter to Miriam@sucasadv.org